Sunday, June 15, 2008

Day 40: Father--Asenemaso

It's Father's Day in America but not here. I wish I could be with my father today to show him how much I love and appreciate him. But at least I can truly appreciate my Father in heaven. Here is my favorite passage about God as our Father:
Romans 8:14-17 "those who are led by the Spirit of God are the sons of God. For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the spirit of sonship. And by him we cry, "Abba, Father." The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children. Now if we are children, then we are heirs-heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory."

We are God's children and we don't need a specified day to appreciate Him. Why can't God also be our mother? I don't think God is masculine or feminine but that God's characteristics are so divine that we wouldn't even know how to describe them. But what does it matter anyway? We're God's children, regardless.

No comments: