Thursday, May 22, 2008

Day 16: Love--Asenemaso

It's great to be together as a group. We've been able to do everything together and I love bonding with everyone. It's so great to get to know those I don't know well; I'm learning a lot about each person. Adu (the all-around helper with our project) took us to the school where we'll be teaching. I was lucky enough to meet my future class and I can't wait to start teaching. I am very confident that God will provide me the will and strength to teach well.

We had a mini-orientation today and we all emphasized that the most important part of this trip is that we're here only to love. It's great that we're teaching and building a library, but the real reason we're here is to be a presence of God's love and represent Christ in the most justified way possible. I can't wait to form real relationships with the people in Asenemaso.

We also visited the library that Mike built last summer. It was wonderful to see so many children reading and enjoying it! Books and education really are the solution to poverty. Reading to children is one of my favorite things to do and I can't wait to do it again.

No comments: